Breweries "Visited"

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Day 476: Spring (Evolution) Sprung Somewhere

Spring, you fickle creature. Taunting me with thousands of crocus in my yard. Daring me to wear a single layer on my ride this morning with your glorious sun. But no, you vixen, you rebuff my advances with that still too cold wind. You hide your daffodil buds in the most coy of manners. Alas I'll wait. Perhaps we'll meet next weekend.

Evolution Brewery's Sprung doesn't mess around. It's a hibiscus, chamomile, and honey ale.


It poured a copper color with very little head and what was there quickly disappeared. The aroma was nondescript, but the flavor was really good. Lots of tea. Very malty. A little floral thing happening. Not sure if that's the honey or the hibiscus. It's generally a pretty mild beer. Easy to drink and didn't disappoint on the flavors.

Beer stats
Style: Golden ale
ABV: 4.9%
IBUs: 14
Rating: Great

Previously reviewed from Evolution
His and her reviews of Menagerie #7 (Belgian strong dark ale)


No comments:

Post a Comment