Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Lighten Up, Francis

Day #459 Swing Session Saison / Victory Brewing Company, Downingtown, PA
Previously from this brewery: Let's see.... Hundred Horses, another Hundred Horses, NATO IPA, V-12, and a sampler.

There's a new Pope today, and his name is Francis.  If you're like me, and perhaps you are, you can't hear the name Francis without thinking of the movie Stripes, and this wonderful scene where we're introduced to Francis:

From here going forward, I defy you to hear the name Francis and not think, "lighten up, Francis."  Something tells me I'll hear about something draconian the Pope does or says to drag the world back towards the 15th century, and I'll be saying those exact words very soon.

Enough silliness, let's talk beer.  Tonight I'm reviewing Swing Session Saison by Victory.  In my trusty Gary Coleman pint glass, this beer has a pale and ever so slightly hazy gold color with a wispy white head. There are aromas of grain and pepper, and the taste is quite refreshing.  Light, with a nice bit of peppery spice, hints of citrus, and a barely there touch of hop bitterness.  This beer is fantastic, and in my mind it tastes like summer.  Quite frankly, summer can't get here soon enough.  Maybe drinking this beer will encourage warmer weather to hurry up?
Beer is always better in my Gary Coleman glass
I also recently grabbed two bottles of White Monkey, Victory's delicious Golden Monkey aged in white wine barrels.  More on that later...

Thing to Think About Today:
Well, I can't tease you with a scene from Stripes without dropping in a bit more here at the end.  Great movie with Bill Murray in his prime, tons of great quotable lines.  Hopefully the new Pope doesn't have to go through "ARMY TRAINING, SIR!"

No comments:

Post a Comment