Breweries "Visited"

Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 464: Another Day, Another Jolly Pumpkin Beer

Here's some honest sharing. For a couple of months last year, I wasn't happy. Nothing was inherently wrong with my world--I just wasn't comfortable in it. I self-analyzed. I pondered. I had no answers. Then I ran into a few random inspirational quotations on a number of my favorite blogs. Something about them started nudging me in the right direction and I got my head straight. 

This was one of them and I just encountered it again. I know someone who needs it. I hope they read my post today.
Choose to be optimistic. It feels better.
                                                          -- Dalai Lama

And if optimism doesn't work, then check out a new beer. Today's beer is the Jolly Pumpkin E.S. Bam, an extra special bam biere. If I'm interpreting the label correctly, it's extra special thanks to more malts and more hops. 

This saison or farmhouse ale pours with a thick head that left a craggy landscape behind. It has a yeasty tang in the nose--funky and sharp. The flavor is strong on the hops...bright...grassy. Lots of citrus pith flavor. Very bold. There's also something very refreshing--maybe where I'm pulling the bright adjective from--but I can't quite put my finger on it. There's also the typical farmhouse spice.

Beer stats
Style: Farmhouse ale/saison
ABV: 4.7%
IBUs:  Unknown
Rating: Great

Previously reviewed from Jolly Pumpkin
His and her reviews of La Roja
My review of Luciernaga from a Jolly Pumpkin bender
Gary's review of E.S. Bam
My review of Madrugada Obscura and some crazy lady ranting about St. Patrick's Day
Gary actually has tried all the Bam bieres

No comments:

Post a Comment