Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Price Isn't Right

Day 465 The Love / Starr Hill Brewery, Charlottesville, VA
Previously from this brewery: Crypitcal, and Cryptical (with Mystikal)

Back in the saddle for another blog post!  Worked from home this morning, which is always a hit or miss option for me.  On one hand, I'm not running to meeting after meeting after meeting (my typical day), so I can actually sit at my laptop and get some work done.  On the other hand, it's super easy for me to get distracted and not actually do any work.  I did refrain from watching The Price is Right today, but only because I'm an old school Bob Barker guy.  I like what I like, and Drew Carey doesn't do it for me.  So, good news for my productivity, I suppose.

Today's review is The Love, a wheat beer from Starr Hill Brewery in Virginia.  This beer has a hazy light gold color, with virtually no head.  There's a light aroma with grain and lemony citrus, and the taste has some sweetness and lemon, along with notes of grain and grass.  Not the greatest wheat beer in the world, but I suppose it's suitable if you happen to find one in front of you.  I think if you name your beer The Love, I expect it to be...  I don't know... better?  Sexier?  More.... committed?  Something.
Could be more lovely.
Thing to Think About Today:
While I didn't love this beer, if you name your beer The Love, we're going to get something love related.  Specifically, the wonderfully talented Florence Welch (+ the Machine) singing You've Got the Love.  I'm not certain, but I think she when she references the love, she means the deep, passionate, emotional state of being, and not the beer I just reviewed.  Hey, it still works.  Enjoy, my friends, and hopefully you have a good evening!

"Now and then it seems that life is just too much / But you've got the love I need to see me through"

No comments:

Post a Comment