Breweries "Visited"

Friday, March 8, 2013

N'Ice and Smooth

Day #455 N'Ice Chouffe / Brasserie D'Achouffe, Achouffe, Belgium
Previously from this brewery: La Chouffe (and the Swedish Chef), and La Chouffe (and Chaka Demus & Pliers...?)

It's a Saturday, which of course explains why I'm up at 6am.  One day, I'll figure out how to sleep in properly.  One day.  Instead, I'm using my early start to take advantage of some quiet time to finish up a blog post I started last night, so I can spend the morning doing some form of exercise, and then spend the afternoon at work.  Gotta do what you gotta do!

Tonight's beer is N'Ice Chouffe, which isn't an adjective but instead a noun.  Please note N'Ice isn't the name of some up and coming rapper or a cough drop.  No, N'Ice is a Belgian strong dark ale from Brasserie d'Achouffe.  This beer has a dark mahogany color with an off-white head that lingers.  Big aromas of sweet, bready malt greet you, and when you take a sip you find a ton of candi sugar, bread, some underlying citrus and dark fruit, and hints of spice.  Really nice beer, definitely something I'd drink again in the future.
Awful picture? Check.
At 10% ABV, this may help take the edge off your stressful Friday nights.  But apparently not enough to make you sleep past 6am on a Saturday (your results may vary).

Thing to Think About Today:
I'll keep it simple and drop in exactly what you expect to see on a day where I'm drinking N'Ice - some Vanilla Ice.  Yo, VIP... let's kick it!  N'Ice, N'Ice baby.....

"Girls were hot wearing less than bikinis...."

No comments:

Post a Comment