Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 466: Two Brothers' Cane & Ebel

Typos and consistency errors physically pain me. Is that strange? If I find an error in one of my posts on this blog--no matter how innocuous or how long ago--I die a thousand deaths. OK. I have a problem. I need help.

Tonight's beer review features Cane & Ebel, which is brewed by Two Brothers Brewing Company. As you can tell from the photo, I found it at TJ's
Eventually I'll fix this photo. My computer currently
hates me and won't actually save any changes.
Cane & Ebel is a red rye ale. It poured a cola color with a good tan head. There was immense amounts of sticky lacing all down my glass. The smell was pine hops, rye, and green bell peppers. This isn't the first beer review that I wrote that includes peppers; see proof in my review of Stone's Vertical Epic ale.The flavor was green vegetables and grass with lots of hop. It's also kind of sweet but sharp in flavor with the rye.

The description of this beer on Two Brothers' beer page is awesome: Dry, but with a creamy touch of Thai palm sugar and the spicy tang of rye, all balanced by loads of the wackiest new hops we could lay our hands on. Yep, it's an original. And that's no sin.

Beer stats
Style: Red rye ale
ABV: 7%
IBUs: 68
Rating: Excellent

Previously reviewed beer from Two Brothers
A collaboration between Two Brothers and Brasserie Castelain, Diversey and Lill(e)

No comments:

Post a Comment