Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 474: N'Ice Chouffe, I Just Had It Stuffed

I have no idea how to pronounce the name of this beer, but in my head, it sounds like "nice chuff". And anytime I hear "nice (blank)", this movie scene pops into my head.

(Link)

Nice chuff, I just had it stuffed. Yup. Still sounds dirty.

N'Ice Chouffe is brewed by Brasserie d'Achouffe in Belgium. It is a Belgian strong dark ale brewed with spices--specifically thyme and curacao peel. It's a limited edition beer that is brewed once per year and I am pretty pleased I found it.


It reminded me of a winter warmer. It poured a reddish color and had a medium off white head. It smelled strongly of candi sugar with a hint of orange and a good pepper aroma. The flavor reminded me of crusty bread, very hearty. It had a hint of orange bitterness to it with lots of malt and dark fruits.

Beer stats
Style: Belgian strong dark ale
ABV: 10%
IBUs: Unknown
Rating: Excellent

Previously reviewed from Brasserie d'Achouffe
Mr. Blog Named Brew's musings on N'Ice Chouffe
His and hers reviews of La Chouffe

No comments:

Post a Comment