Breweries "Visited"

Monday, October 15, 2012

Evolution Monday

Beer #310 Menagerie #7 / Evolution Craft Brewing Company, Salisbury, MD

I haven't had - or needed - a printer in my house in many, many years.  Which makes having to come home today, email myself something at work, drive back to the office, print it, and drive home again all the more irritating.  But it's for a good cause, and if I'm still alive tomorrow, I'll talk more about it then.  If.... if.

Tonight's beer is the Menagerie #7 from Evolution Craft Brewing.  You see a hazy dark amber color in the glass, and you find a good fruit aroma on the nose.  I would swear I picked up tart cherries, although I had been drinking before I sampled this, so don't take my word for it.  The taste is warm, with toffee, biscuit, some spice, and notes of dark fruit.  There's some tartness in there as well, and you can tell this is a potent beer - it does check in at 9% ABV, so it means business.While there's not much info on the Menagerie #7 on the brewery website, elsewhere on the web seems to indicate that this one is barrel aged with ginger.  All I know is this: this beer is very, very good!
So pretty
Evolution has been in business since 2009, when they opened up shop in an old grocery store.  Now you know.

Thing to Think About Today:
For reasons I can neither understand nor explain, this song has been stuck in my head all day.  Perhaps now it will be stuck in yours!  What does this song have to do with anything related to this beer, brewery, or anything else?  Absolutely nothing - it's just my gift to you this evening.  But you can be damn sure I just added this to iTunes, because who doesn't like listening to the Carpenters?

"Just like me, they long to be..... close to you....."

No comments:

Post a Comment