Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Beer 326: Stevens Point Brewery

I'm currently playing Halloween Scrooge and not handing out candy to the neighborhood children and glowering at them from my darkened windows. We got burned by those darn kids the first year we moved into this house and I've never forgiven them. Why, you may ask?

Because I went all Martha Stewart that first year. I invested hours assembling individual bags of candy with cute little hand tied bows, decorating, redecorating after the squirrels ate my pumpkins, donning my best vampire teeth. And for what? All the kids trick or treated at 4pm and I got home from work at 6pm! Imagine how it makes my blood boil that there are scores of witches, ballerinas, Batmen and an Elmo running around at 8pm. Perhaps next year, my pretties!

And in one of the stranger transitions I've made on this blog, we're changing gears to talk Stevens Point Brewery and their Nude Beach summer wheat. It's brewed in Wisconsin and has an ABV of 5.1%.



It poured a hazy golden color with a very fluffy white head. It smells of yeast and bread and a little plastic wrap. Yeah, I thought that was odd too. The taste is watery and thin. Sweet orange. Grains. All together too thin.

The Nude Beach is average at best. Those are words I never thought I'd type. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment