Breweries "Visited"

Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 485: When is a Petrus Not a Petrus?

When it's a winterbier, of course!

In my mind, Petrus equates to Petrus Aged Pale. Kind of the same way that to many folks on the East Coast, Yuengling means lager--despite Yuengling offering many solid alternatives to the lager.

So imagine the loop my  tastebuds were thrown for when I tried the Petrus Winterbier! This is decidedly not the Petrus I know, but it is a Petrus that I grew to love.


It poured a lovely mahogany color with a loose tan head. It's full of rich pie spices: cinnamon, clove, nutmeg. It reminds me a bit of whiskey. There's honey and malt in there too. It drinks with a lot of body and has a dry finish.

Beer stats
Style: Belgian dark ale
ABV: 6.5%
IBUs: Unknown
Rating: Good

Previously reviewed from Brouwerij Bavik
Mr. Blog Named Brew gives thanks for Petrus Aged Pale
I want to drink the Aged Pale winter, summer, spring and fall

No comments:

Post a Comment