Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Day 501: Spring House Tap Room, Part 1

If you live around Philadelphia or Harrisburg, let me encourage you to visit Spring House Tap Room in Conestoga, Pennsylvania. The tap room decor is a hybrid of surf culture, anime-like cartoons and I don't know what else. But it has a great vibe and friendly, knowledgeable folks behind the bar. Pretty much everything I need. 
I was hoping the mint chocolate chip stout was still around, but it wasn't meant to be. Instead my luck hit a different jackpot and that was finding the "Little Gruesome." Strange name for a beer? Yes, indeed. But when it is as tasty as this beer, strange is A-OK with me!

Little Gruesome is a peanut butter and jelly stout. Yes, I wrote that correctly.

It pours a dense, deep brown color beer with a full dark tan head. It has a dry, nutty aroma. The flavor is pretty unbelievable. Honest to God, it tastes like peanut butter and jelly. The peanuts come in at the beginning of a sip. Roasted and nutty. Once you exhale, you get a great jelly flavor. How do they do that??? It's a surprisingly easy drinking beer and has a dry finish.

Beer stats
Style: Stout
ABV: 8.3%
IBUs: Unknown
Rating: Excellent

Previously reviewed from Spring House
Gary's review of Robot Surf Factory (American Pale Ale) and Seven Gates Pale Ale
My review of Cosmic Monster (abbey quad)

No comments:

Post a Comment