Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Beer 74: Terrapin Beer Co.'s Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout

There is entirely too much work to be done at work.  I suppose it's a good thing that I have a steady gig, but I AM EXHAUSTED.  Does anyone have some cheese to go with my whine?

Tonight's beer is Terrapin Beer Company's Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout -- advertised as Wake & Bake at TJ's in Paoli (PA).  It was served in a small snifter and was black as night.  It had a medium tan head that hung around.  It was breakfast and beer all in one sitting!  It smelled strongly of coffee and caramel.  It drank with light carbonation and felt viscous.  It drank quite the opposite of the milk stouts that I'm fond of this time of year.  It tasted of roasted caramel malt and coffee.  It also had a hint of cola. 

This imperial stout has an ABV of 8.1% and it definitely provided an alcohol warmth.  I can't imagine drinking more than one of these in a sitting.  It is a heavy beer.  But sitting and sipping on one is a delightful way to spend the evening.

Cheers!

p.s.  I forgot to snap a photo of this one, but check out their logo. 
How cute is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment