Breweries "Visited"

Friday, February 10, 2012

The Freaks Come Out at Night

Beer #62 Nuova Mattina / Birrificio Del Ducato, Roncole Verdi, Italy
Yes, it's getting close to midnight and I still haven't written my post for the day.  Took the train into the city to meet Marci and a dear, dear friend of ours out for dinner at The Farmer's Cabinet in Philly.  Very good choice, very good food, and very good company.

They have a really interesting beer list, including some house beers produced by a brewery in D.C.  Depending on how commercially available that is, my sample of the house beer may or may not make it to these pages.   What will make these pages is the draft pour of Nuova Mattina from Del Ducato.  It's a saison  with a pleasing aroma, and brings flavors of yeast, fruit, and a very nice peppery tone.  Per their website, it's brewed with chamomile, green pepper, ginger, and cilantro.  Can't say I taste all of those, can't say they make sense being put together.  However, once it's in your glass it works!  Enjoyable beer worthy of your attention.

The name of the beer translates to 'New Morning,' which is fitting seeing how tomorrow is rapidly approaching.  Apologies on the brief review, but it's getting late, and I'm getting old.

Thing to Think About Today:
I can't really name this blog post as I did without dropping this Whodini video clip on you, right?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the 80's were at once ridiculous, embarrassing, and awesome all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment