Breweries "Visited"

Friday, June 8, 2012

Beer 181: Ipswich Original Ale and TGIF

It's Friday. Vacation is mere days away. There are hopefully more Philly Beer Week events in my future tomorrow. I have a grueling Monday on tap, but seriously...beer-cation is looming in all its hop-filled glory!

I read something today that made me laugh and think. I love a good compliment/insult.

A group of artists are invited for dinner by a famous chef. In greeting the photographer, the chef comments, "I love your photos. They're wonderful. You must have a very expensive camera." The photographer doesn’t reply and walks into the dining room. After dinner the photographer approaches the chef and says, "Dinner was sensational, very exquisite flavors, a true work of art. You must have a very sophisticated stove.”



The Ipswich Original Ale is brewed by the Mercury Brewing Company out of Massachusetts. It poured a hazy orange-brown color with an off-white head. The aroma was hoppy and a bit sweet. The taste is well rounded malt with a mild hop finish. This is a solid English style pale ale. It's also very approachable at 5.4% ABV.

I'm glad I started the weekend off with a good beer. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment