Breweries "Visited"

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Hustle and Flow

Beer #483 Dos Anos / Cigar City Brewing Company, Tampa, FL
Previously from this brewery: Hotter than Helles and Jai Alai

Flow  [floh]
1. to move along in a stream: The river flowed slowly to the sea. (verb)
2. to circulate: blood flowing through one's veins. (verb)
3. glamorous, wavy locks of hair; often referred to as 'luscious': Ladies love to run their hands through my luscious flow. (noun)

Instead of pulling weeds from the garden or putting down mulch on this sunny day, I was getting my flow in order, as I was a bit overdue for a haircut.  For those who only know me on the internet, it's important for you to understand I possess an awesome head of dark, thick, dreamy hair.  Thankfully, everything is back in order courtesy of a shampoo, a face & scalp massage, some hot towels, and skilled scissor work.  In case you were wondering, here's a picture of me post-haircut, with my flow back in full force:
FLOW.
But enough about me, you're also here for the beer.  Today's brew is an unusual find at TJ's yesterday after work: the Dos Anos from Cigar City Brewing. I call it unusual because how often do you find a kumquat berlinerweisse out there in the world?  Not often.  In the glass, it was a cloudy yellow, with a very thin head.  Your nose finds aromas of tart and sour fruit, and when you take a sip you get a blast of fresh fruit, followed by a tart sourness.  More citrus than funk, which ended up making this a rather drinkable beer.  As I wrote in my notes: "So that's what a kumquat tastes like."
Who loves bad camera phone pics?
This guy!
Berlinerweisse beers can be a bit of an acquired taste, I suppose, as you need to appreciate that sour quality to truly enjoy the style.  However, if you want something with a good fruit quality, definitely give this one a whirl.

Thing to Think About Today:
Here's how the last five minutes of my life just went:
/ searches iTunes for songs about hair; finds little worth noting in this space
// contemplates searching for references to kumquat, thinks better of it
/// searches 'songs about hair' on google, depresses self with lack of good ideas
//// realizes someone called Willow Smith wrote something called Whip My Hair; gives up

So, instead of something wonderfully clever about hair, I'll just close things out with a song about what life is like when your flow is luscious.  The good hair might be mine, but the floor belongs to Right Said Fred:

"I'm too sexy for my shirt / too sexy for my shirt / so sexy it hurts"

No comments:

Post a Comment