Breweries "Visited"

Friday, September 20, 2013

Celebrations, Bad Beers, and *Crap* I'm Old

Day #650 Gueuze Lambic / Brasserie Belle-Vue, Sint Pieters-Leeuw, Belgium
Previously from this brewery: n/a, this beer is the first out the limo!

It's Friday and I'm not dead.  Oh, and I just happened to pass a difficult certification exam!!  So, that's cause for celebration, right?
Yay!!!
Your beer for the day is a bottle of Gueuze Lambic from Brasserie Belle-Vue. This gueuze poured a dark gold hue, and when you take a sip you get an extremely sweet taste.  Almost like a cough medicine, really. Not a very good example of the style, and not a beer I would drink again.  I also sampled their kriek while riding a seven person bar/bicycle.  That wasn't so hot either.
And after the party it's the hotel lobby....
This brewery started way back in 1913, and in more recent years was acquired by Belgian beer giant Interbrew, which is now part of the Anheuser-Busch InBev conglomerate.  I *think* I had tonight's beer in a hotel lobby while waiting for dinner.  That's how memorable it was....

Thing to Think About Today:
This has nothing to do with anything about this beer or brewery, but it was recently pointed out to me that the Counting Crows album August and Everything After was released 20 years ago.  Sigh, I'm getting old. We close out with an all time favorite of mine, Mr. Jones.  Night, friends.

"we all want something beautiful / Man, I wish I was beautiful"

No comments:

Post a Comment