Breweries "Visited"

Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 520: Free Will Rapunzel Ale

I was searching for a case of birthday beer for Mr. Blog Named Brew a few weeks back and thanks to the good folks at The Beer Yard in Wayne (PA), I found a very fresh case of Rapunzel Ale from Free Will Brewing.


It was described to me as a saison-IPA-rye-ale-mash-up. Knowing that the Mr. thoroughly enjoys all those things, I was game to purchase it. 

The Rapunzel poured a hazy dark straw color with a thick not-quite-pure white head. It smells of oranges and bitter hops. It also has a great fresh aroma--imagine what a perfect spring day smells like. So kind of like that. The flavor is full boded but refreshing. There a good amount of grass, plus some fresh hoppy bite and citrus notes. Overall a winner in my book.

Beer stats:
Style: Saison
ABV: 7.5%
IBUs: Unknown
Rating: Good

Previously reviewed from Free Will
Just one lonely beer...the Citra Pale Ale

No comments:

Post a Comment