Breweries "Visited"

Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 510: Another New Petrus?!?

Today was one of those days when people just really impressed me. If you share a little information--open yourself up just a little bit--you'll be amazed at how helpful others can be. That's the lesson of the day.

And in other news, I have found more and more often that I refer to myself as a shark--quickly adding, I have to keep moving or it's over.

Happy Friday, kids!

Today's beer is the Petrus Aged Red. I almost ordered two other beers ahead of this one, but thankfully Mr. Blog Named Brew had my back and pointed out that there was an oud bruin to be had when we celebrated his birthday earlier this week. He's a good egg, that one!


It poured a really pretty deep mahogany color with a wispy tan head. There's lots of macerated cherries in both the smell and taste. I also noted a bit of chocolate fudge in the nose. It teetered on the edge of syrupy but never got to the point of being cloying. The flavor, in addition to having lots of cherry notes, highlighted strawberry and a medicinal thing that honestly reminded me of Robitussin. Strange but true. It's wildly different than other Petrus offerings I've had...you know all two of them! But as they say--variety is the spice of life!

Beer stats
Style: Flanders oud bruin
ABV: 8.5%
IBUs: Unknown
Rating: Good

Previously reviewed from Brouwerij Bavik
My review of Winterbier
His and hers reviews of Aged Pale

No comments:

Post a Comment