Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Day 537: Jolly Pumpkin Rides Again

Want a humbling experience? Try doing battle with this...

...when it's 88 degrees and humid. If I don't post again, it's because I actually had a heart attack. Holy cow.  After I drink a gallon of water to replenish myself, I will have a beer this evening. In the meantime, please enjoy this review of Jolly Pumpkin's Maracaibo Especial.

(I had a photo at one point. If I find it, it will go here.)

It poured a rich, bright oak color with a light tan bubbly head. It smells woody and just a little funky. The flavor is has the Jolly Pumpkin signature tartness, but I was surprised at the more pronounced hop profile. It's very smooth. Per Jolly Pumpkin's description, there's supposed to be cacao, sweet orange and cinnamon. I could find the citrus, but the cacao and cinnamon were eluding me. I'm not going to say I'm disappointed but this isn't one of my favorites from Jolly Pumpkin. Horror!

Beer stats
Style: American brown ale
ABV: 7.5%
IBUs: Unknown
Rating: Good

Previously reviewed from Jolly Pumpkin (The list goes on and on and on again...)
My review of Sobrehumano Palena'ole
Mr. Blog's review of Sobrehumano
My review of E.S. Bam
His and her reviews of La Roja
My review of Luciernaga from a Jolly Pumpkin bender
Gary's review of E.S. Bam
My review of Madrugada Obscura and some crazy lady ranting about St. Patrick's Day
Gary actually has tried all the Bam bieres

No comments:

Post a Comment