Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 508: So Much Drama in the LBC

As I started to write this post to commemorate Mr. Blog Named Brew's 38th 22nd birthday, I thought I might start with a trip down memory lane to see what we wrote about last May 1. He was thoughtful and I went on a drug-addled ramble.  That kind of sums us up.

Since I'm not sick or on drugs this year, here we go.

Happy, happy birthday to my best friend, my partner in crime, my drinking buddy, my lov-ah! There is no one I would rather spend today with--or any other day for that matter. You are my heart and soul. Thank you for being awesome.

And thank you for introducing me to all sorts of rap music...old school, new school, East Coast and West, gangsta and that with a conscious. So of course any time we visit Lancaster Brewing Company and I abbreviate it in my notes as LBC, there goes Snoop Dogg on and on about his gin and juice in my head.
My segues astound you, don't they?

Lucky for us, this trip to the LBC was without drama. It wasn't without good beer though. I went with the Strawberry Wheat, which poured a slightly pink amber color with a thin white head. It smells of wheat and fruit and that carries through nicely to the flavor. It has a very natural strawberry flavor to it. Nothing unnatural or syrupy here.Overall I think this is a good fruit beer. It may not be up there with 21st Amendment's Hell or High Watermelon, but it holds its own.

Beer stats
Style: Fruit beer, wheat beer
ABV: 4.7%
IBUs: 16
Rating: Good

Previously reviewed from Lancaster Brewing
Gary's review of Kolsch, Rumspringa, Hop Hog
My review of Milk Stout (with a bonus Norwegian beer thrown in for luck), Winter Warmer



No comments:

Post a Comment