Breweries "Visited"

Sunday, May 12, 2013

One for the Moms

Day #519 CuzCuz / Tired Hands Brewing Company, Ardmore, PA
Previously from this brewery: I'm lazy today, so just click this link and it will take you to all 332 beers sampled from Tired Hands.  Seriously.

Good afternoon and Happy Mother's Day to all!  Hopefully you're having a nice, stress free, relaxing day with your moms or kids or both.  We actually celebrated yesterday, and did a combo surprise birthday party for my aunt/Mother's Day gathering.  Good time, but a long day.  Today was spent celebrating with Mother Nature, as I got on the bike for the first time in a solid two months to go for a ride along the Schuykill River.  Good way to spend a sunny and breezy day, which included the added benefit of making sure my awesome calves stay toned and sexy.  Need to make sure I keep looking good for you faithful blog readers, after all.

Need to run out and get some groceries, so I'm jumping right into the review portion of today's post.  You get a glass of CuzCuz from local favorite Tired Hands.  This American IPA is brewed with hops from New Zealand, and shows up in your glass a cloudy dark yellow color, with a fluffy white head.  Or, as I'm fond of saying, the same color as every beer they make (this isn't exactly true, but true enough that I make this joke anyway).  There's a welcoming aroma of grapefruit and pine, and when you drink it, you find this to have a subtle bitterness, with mango joining the pine and citrus party.  I'm sure this beer has already kicked and might never appear at Tired Hands ever again, but on the odd chance it hasn't or it does, this beer makes for a great summer choice.
Wow! For once, I didn't take a shitty picture!!!

Thing to Think About Today:

Last year for Mother's Day, I dropped some Mother and Child Reunion from Paul Simon in this space, and that's about the best Mother's Day song I can think of.  So, I head in a different direction this year, and give you the wonderfully under-appreciated comic genius of Michael Keaton with Mr. Mom, the story of a stay-at-home dad finding his way - hilariously.  Thank you to all the moms out there for everything you do to keep the households running at optimal performance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment