Breweries "Visited"

Sunday, May 26, 2013

What Time Should I Come Over

Day #533 LowRYEder IPA / SweetWater Brewing Company, Atlanta, GA
Previously from this brewery: I sampled the Festive Ale and made Sweetchuck references

Happy Sunday and middle day of the three day holiday weekend to you all!  Went out and got some exercise in, now spending this glorious, sunny afternoon inside staring at the screen of my laptop.  Curiously, no one has invited me to a Memorial Day cookout yet.  Is that because no one is having a cookout this weekend, because my friends all suck, or because.... I didn't get invited to a cookout this weekend?  Has to be one of the first two, right?  Couldn't be the third, not that I'd want to even go to your stupid BBQ anyway.  Jerks.

Well, I'll have my own party, and start it off with a LowRYEder IPA from SweetWater Brewing in Atlanta.  SweetWater hasn't managed to make it's way to Pennsylvania yet, but I have a friend with family down south who shared a bottle as a gift.  When you pour this one, you see a light copper color and a barely there head.  There are aromas of orange and pine, and when you take a sip you find notes of earthy pine, citrus, and a very prominent rye spiciness and warmth.  Some good bitterness on the finish, and at 6.25% ABV this is eminently drinkable.  You know, like maybe at a cookout at your house this weekend, or something.
All... my... friends, drink the LowRYEder
This brewery just hit their 16th anniversary.  Let me go ahead and take a moment to wish a very happy anniversary!!

Thing to Think About Today:
Sometimes the jokes write themselves.  I mean, there's no way I can use anything but this song here, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment