Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Help Wanted

Day #536 Uncle Teddy's Bitter / Victory Brewing Company, Downingtown, PA
Previously from this brewery: Quite a few! Otto, more Otto, Swing, more Swing, Hundred Horse, more Hundred Horse, NATO IPA, V-12, and a sampler

I'm completely thrown off by schedule changes these days.  Short weeks, vacation days, things happening off schedule.  I can't explain it, but the notion of being off on Monday plus me being off again on Tuesday means that it's Wednesday, yet I can't seem to manage that fact consistently in my head.  All day today I was referring to things happening tomorrow that were happening today or happening today that were really taking place on Thursday.  If anyone wants to apply for a job as my executive assistant, please send me an email.  Assuming you know what day it is and can remind me of that information when I get it wrong, you're more or less hired.  I can't pay you in cash, but I suppose I can pay you in beer.  Seems like a good deal, right?

Perhaps a beer review will entice you to join the staff.  Part of last weekend was spent at Victory Brewing Company.  My first choice for the evening was a pint of Uncle Teddy's Bitter on the hand pump.  This beer has a rich amber hue, with a fluffy white marshmallow looking head.  Your nose picks up aromas of bread and sweet malt, and when you take a sip, you get a creamy texture, malt sweetness, caramel and toffee.  There's a scant bit of bitterness folded in from the hops, but face it; you're here for the malt.  Exceptional flavor for a beer that has a mere 4.0% ABV.  Or, less than a Bud Light's 4.2% ABV, for those who want a point of reference.  Easily one of my favorites at Victory.
Not a great photo. Shocking.
Thing to Think About Today:
No word on Victory's site if this beer was actually named for someone's uncle.  However, I'll keep with the family theme and close out with Robert Randolph and the Family Band, singing the infectious Going in the Right Direction.  I was once informed that I could learn how to play the pedal steel by reading a book from the library.  After listening to these guys play, I somewhat doubt that advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment