Breweries "Visited"

Saturday, March 10, 2012

John Wayne Gacy Liked Clowns. Coincidence?

Beer #91 Muffin Top / Clown Shoes Beer, Ipswich, MA

My attitude change last night is paying off, I think.  Hit the road for a run this morning, hit the gym to lift (read: watch tv), spent some time writing, and then it's an afternoon spent in Philly for some quality bar time.  Today also means we're now 25% of our way through this 365 different beers from 365 different breweries in 365 days tour.  Many beers down, many beers still to come!

We'll start the drinking today with Muffin Top, a tripel from Clown Shoes Beers.  This beer pours a hazy, amber orange and has a wispy white head.  You get a yeast and fruit aroma from this beer, and the flavor has notes of orange, pine, citrus, and bitter hops.  A solid beer all around with a good balance of flavors.  This being said, I'm probably not likely to drink many of these in the future.  Why, you ask?  I'll tell you: the brewery name.  I don't like clowns.  In fact, I don't know ANYONE who likes clowns.  I probably know people who tolerate clowns, or at least don't despise them, but let's be real - NO ONE likes clowns.  They're creepy as all get out.  Marketing matters, people.
Good beer, bad name.
Thing to Think About Today:
Maybe I'm being too harsh on this brewery.  Maybe.  However, I solemnly refuse to post something in this space that would make you think about clowns any more than you already have today.  So, we'll switch gears and check in with the greatest comedy of all time for their take on... muffin tops:  Top o' the muffin to YOU today!


May today bring you no muffin stumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment