Breweries "Visited"

Friday, July 19, 2013

Damn (Dang?)

Day #587  / Russian River Brewing Company, Santa Rosa, CA
Previously from this brewery: All sorts of Russian River goodness from my favorite brewery on earth

Can you believe Friday is here already?  I am seriously glad that I have a Saturday and Sunday in front of me to relax, unwind, and get back to a normal groove.  I'm jumping right into a beer review, because seriously: it's a Friday, and you're too busy having fun to read this.  Not too much fun, though.  There's a whole weekend ahead of you!

Tonight is a bottle of Damnation from Russian River, another bottle that was in a birthday gift from a friend. This golden ale pours with a clear, bright gold and thin head.  There are tons of bready aromas of yeast, with an almost nutty quality as well.  The taste has more of a biscuit quality, with fruity notes of apple and some faint banana in there as well.  There's an earthy vibe, too.  This beer is fantastic - definitely not their best work ever, but considering that their best work is absolutely the best beers in the world, even their more "average" work is still pretty damn good.
Damn, yo.
Thing to Think About Today:
Damnation sounds a bit more depressing than I care to think about (even if I don't believe in the afterlife versions of heaven and hell that everyone seems to cling to), but I can appreciate the word 'damn.'  Who doesn't love a well placed yet mild curse word?  Let's go back to 1992 and let Sophie B. Hawkins close things out with her always awesome and sex mix-ready Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover.  Enjoy your night, friends....

"You're the only shoe that fits / I can't imagine I'll grow out of it"

No comments:

Post a Comment