Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 577: Troegs Javahead Stout

Random facts about me:

1. I could eat pizza every day of the week. Cheese pizza, why are you so good?

2. I wish I was shinier and happier. Faking it is really exhausting sometimes.

3. I love the song Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke. I love it to an embarrassing degree.


While I was at Troegs, I'm pretty sure I heard this beer sing, "I know you want it" to me. 

It's the Troegs Javahead stout. And hot damn! It is an excellent beer. It pours black as night with a tan head. It has a strong coffee aroma. The flavor is mildly bitter. Lots of coffee. Lots of hop. There's some undertones of cola flavor. It drinks with a thin mouthfeel.

Man, I'm a sucker for a good coffee stout.

Beer stats
Style: Stout
ABV: 7.5%
IBUs: 60
Rating: Excellent

Previously reviewed from TroegsPreviously reviewed from Troegs
His review of Scratch 95 (kolsch), pale aleNugget Nectar and Scratch 57 (weizenbock)
My review of Sunshine PilsAlso check out posts from this week on a number of Troegs beers. Why? Because it's Troegs Beer Week on Blog Named Brew!

No comments:

Post a Comment