Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 592: Brouwerij De Ranke

I always have a little pang of guilt when I post a photo of a beer in another brewery's glass. After visiting Belgium, that guilt has been ratcheted up by a factor of 100!

Everywhere we went, no matter the size of the bar or restaurant, the beer always was served in a properly shaped and branded glass. In fact, many of the soft drinks were served in branded glassware. That will make me think twice about what glass I grab out of the cupboard at home.

We're heading back to La Trappiste in Brugge for tonight's review.
This is the Cuvée De Ranke from Brouwerij De Ranke. It poured a cloudy apricot color with a thin white head. It smells minerally...like damp rocks. The flavor is tart. Reminds me of acidic fruit but not quite lemony. There's a little grassiness to it along with some woodiness.

Lucky for me, De Ranke does export to the United States. Now I just need to figure out where exactly!

Beer stats
Style: Belgian pale ale
ABV: 7%
IBUs: Unknown
Rating: Excellent

Previously reviewed from De Ranke
As is the case for many of the beers being reviewed this week, Cuvée De Ranke is first out the limo.

No comments:

Post a Comment