Breweries "Visited"

Monday, July 15, 2013

Five Alive

Day #583 5 Out Of 5 / Tired Hands Brewing Company, Ardmore, PA
Previously from this brewery: Um, many beers.  Easier to just click this link and read about them.

And another Monday comes and goes.  Hopefully you all survived intact.  For today's review I'm going in the Wayback Machine and pulling out an old review from Tired Hands that has been hiding in the back. Today's beer is the 5 Out Of 5, an Imperial Stout.  This beer was touted as a "must drink," and based on how quickly they were going through kegs of this stout, I figured it was worth a try.  In the glass, you seee a dark black color and thin tan head (just like every other stout ever, but I still feel the need to describe the appearance of every beer I drink).  When you inhale, you get..... a lot.  Espresso, nutty, malt.  When you take a sip, there's a crazy mix of maple syrup, peanut, slightly toasted malt, and a big dose of sweetness. Considering this beer was brewed with marshmallow and maple syrup, that sweetness is of no surprise. Stouts aren't usually my cup of tea, but there's so many good things going on in this beer, I would gladly have another.  In fact, I'd like to have this beer with breakfast, if possible.
The always fun window art
Tired Hands changes beers frequently, so I guess I can give them a pass on having a website that never seems to be updated.  I guess.....

Thing to Think About Today:
Okay, so we have a beer called 5 Out of 5, and I drank it in the Philadelphia suburb of Ardmore.  Which of course means it's time to think about Ben Folds (he of the Ben Folds Five) and the catchy Rockin' the Suburbs.  Enjoy your Monday, dear friends.  I sincerely hope you kicked some ass today.

"Let me tell you what it's like / being male, middle class, and white"

No comments:

Post a Comment