Breweries "Visited"

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 575: Troegs Hopback Amber

Taking this look back at all the great beer I had from Troegs makes me want to road trip to Hershey all over again!
This one is the Hopback amber ale--a flagship beer from Troegs. It's advertised as being packed full of whole hop flowers. Let me tell you that those whole hop flowers certainly do wonders for this beer. It has a fresh hoppy aroma. There's a great spiciness to the flavor and rich caramel notes throughout. It's everything it's advertised to be! I also noted a bit of black tea in it as well.

Beer stats
Style: Amber ale
ABV: 6%
IBUs: 55
Rating: Great

Previously reviewed from Troegs
His review of Scratch 95 (kolsch), pale aleNugget Nectar and Scratch 57 (weizenbock)
My review of Sunshine PilsAlso check out posts from this week on a number of Troegs beers. Why? Because it's Troegs Beer Week on Blog Named Brew!

No comments:

Post a Comment