Breweries "Visited"

Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 573: Troegs DreamWeaver Wheat

Odd fact about me: I love a good Rube Goldberg machine. And this one is amazing!


I'm not sure what part is the best. The angry nerd domino effect? The chomping fish? Golf balls playing percussion? The entire thing is totally amazing. Seriously.

You know what else is amazing? Troegs beer. It's so amazing that I'm declaring it Troegs Beer Week on a Blog Named Brew!

Let's start with DreamWeaver Wheat.
So pretty.
DreamWeaver Wheat pours a hazy wet straw color with a thin white head. It didn't have a powerful aroma, which was a bit surprising. The flavor is creamy banana, peppery with a mild hop finish. It's brewed with wheat, Munich and Pilsner malts, German Northern Brewer hops and uses an open top fermentation. There's also a yeast strain that imparts a peppery, clove taste with a slight hint of banana. Dear Troegs, you got this one right!

I noted that it didn't have much of a head. Per Troegs' website, they recommend "rousing the yeast" at the bottom of the bottle and pouring it into the glass for a big frothy head. I guess that doesn't work when it's on draught.

Beer stats
Style: Wheat ale
ABV: 4.8%
IBUs: 15
Rating: Good

Previously reviewed from Troegs
His review of Scratch 95 * (kolsch), pale ale, Nugget Nectar and Scratch 57 (weizenbock)
My review of Sunshine Pils

* The Scratch Series is Troegs experimental line of beers. My advice to you is to try them out whenever you see them. I've had some amazing beers that were part of the Scratch Series. Unfortunately for you, I was drinking for fun and not stressing about reviews when I had them. I'll try to do better for you in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment