Breweries "Visited"

Friday, November 15, 2013

Feverish

Beer #706 Cabin Fever / New Holland Brewing Company, New Holland, MI
Previously from this brewery: a whole gaggle of delicious beers

Hustle day; on the road to State College for one of the last two home games.  Is it wrong I wish it was colder?  I do somehow enjoy those bone-chilling cold days in the parking lot....

So, that means a beer review, and up to bat is a bottle of Cabin Fever from New Holland Brewing.  Out of the bottle, this beer has a dark brown hue and a big toasted malt aroma.  Uh oh.

When I took a sip, I was hit with toasted, burnt, and roasted malt flavors..... none of which I enjoy in a beer. Crud.  If I close my eyes, this one tastes more like a porter or a stout than a brown ale.  Brown ales are usually something I enjoy - the brown ale from Tommyknocker Brewery is fantastic, for example.  However, this one was not something I liked or would try again.  But, if those flavors are your thing, feel free to grab one of these.
Not feverish about this one
Thing to Think About Today:
Beer with cabin in the name means you get something about a home.  So, that means Home, from Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.

No comments:

Post a Comment