Breweries "Visited"

Friday, November 29, 2013

Mall of Honor

Beer #720 Ritterguts Gose / Brauhaus Hartmannsdorf, Hartmannsdorf, Germany
Previously from this brewery: N/A, this beer is the first out the limo

Hopefully you all survived the mall today.  Or, hopefully you realized there's this thing called the internet, and you can buy things there instead of getting into a knife fight over a parking spot at the mall.

Today's beer is an interesting pour; a Ritterguts Gose from Brauhaus Hartmannsdorf.  It has a dark gold hue, with virtually no head.  There is a light, light aroma of wheat and citrus, and when you drink it you get a tart, slightly funky taste.  Interesting that I noticed white grapes more than the salty qualities that are usually found in this style of beer.  Solid, easy drinking (4.2% ABV) choice, even if it likely won't be on tap frequently near you.

I didn't get a picture of this beer, so instead, I'll leave you with this picture of Goose from Top Gun, because that's close to Gose and I've been on a Top Gun kick lately.
Talk to me, Gose
This brewery may date back to 1887, but I don't speak German (unlike their website) so I can't confirm that.

Thing to Think About Today:
If you are at the mall today, good luck - and buy me something nice.  I leave you with one of my favorite gags from How I Met Your Mother, the episode where they find out Robin had a career as a teen pop idol back in Canada (sort of their version of Tiffany).  I leave you with the faux-video from her faux-hit song Let's Go To the Mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment