Breweries "Visited"

Monday, September 3, 2012

Beer 268: Full Pint Triple IPA

Me with a little time on my hands is a scary thing. Stuff knocked off my to do list today included:
-all the laundry
-cleaned out all the stuff I never wear from my closet and bagged it up for Goodwill
-found the desk in my at home office (!)
-watched the final episode of Breaking Bad and will now suffer my own withdrawal until summer 2013 when it returns for the final season
-made magic in the kitchen resulting in this...




I can only take credit for the chocolate, chocolate chunk muffins. The pickled peppers are all Gary's doing. The muffins are from Joy the Baker's cookbook. If they're anything like the blueberry muffins I made from the same book, we are in for a definite treat!
Today's beer was found at Mad Mex in State College this past weekend. The food at Mad Mex is average at best but they have an everchanging and pretty impressive beer list.
The Full Pint Brewing Company's TRI-PA was sold to us as a triple IPA...but we went for it pretty much because we've never encountered this brewery before. And the rule lately is drink it as soon as we find it. Don't assume it'll still be around tomorrow. Ah the pressure of the final 100 breweries!




The TRI-PA poured an opaque sort of chalky-looking brown. This photo doesn't do it justice. It had a resinous hop aroma with underlying sweetness. The flavor was fig, malt, rich caramel sweetness. It was kind if boozy (9% ABV) up front, fruit in the middle and hoppy at the end. Honestly I think there was just too much happening with this beer. It was only ok in my book. But the brewery is relatively young and I'm excited to try some of their other stuff.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment