Breweries "Visited"

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Beer 288: Rivertown Brewing and The Week's Inspiration

“She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there, leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.” J.D. Salinger
You don't always have to be seen doing great things. Sometimes it's better to simply deliver and watch folks enjoy it. I may not be holding the universe together this week, but I am going to make magic happen.
***
The Rivertown Brewing Company Hop Bomber pale ale is brewed in Ohio and found its way to my house thanks to one of Gary's beer geek friends. Thank you!




It is an American pale ale that poured with a big, thick ecru head. It was fluffy and left a fun little island of foam floating in my glass. The Hop Bomber smelled a little woody and I swear I also smelled cinnamon. The taste is smooth with a solid hop presence. I expected to be punched in the taste buds with a name like Hop Bomber but luckily that wasn't the case at all. There were hints of orange and a good amount of malt presence for balance. It had a slightly
metallic finish and I found it to be a good beer.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment