Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Beer 283: Cisco Brewers Island Reserve

It's official. I've self-diagnosed thanks to the nice folks over at Chow Bella.


I prefer geek to snob, but I clearly have a problem.

What I don't have a problem with is the tripel from Cisco Brewer's Island Reserve series. Island Reserve allows Cisco to experiment a bit and this one is a winner in my book.


Brewed in Nantucket, the tripel poured a bright orange hue with a thick white head. Lots of nice sticky lacing was left behind as I made my way to the bottom of the glass. It had lots of fruit aromas with some biscuit and plums that followed through in the flavor. There was also a good amount of sweetness in the taste as well as a faint booziness. The only thing I didn't really enjoy is the very prickly carbonation. I wanted it to drink a little smoother.

But overall this is a great beer. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment