Breweries "Visited"

Friday, September 7, 2012

Exciting Ten Minutes

Beer #272 Stiegl Pils / Stieglbrauerei zu Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria

It was a tremendously exciting way to kick off the weekend, with three rather important things happening all in the span of 10 minutes:
1. Walked to the front door of the house to find a box from Brooks Brothers, containing new shirts and socks.  I love Brooks Brothers; it's sort of all I'm wearing these days.  Looking forward to fall to start breaking out sweaters again.
2. A big black dog ran over to greet me.  Ordinarily that would be great, but this dog had no owner, and no tags on her collar.  Thankfully a neighbor had been chasing her and came equipped with a leash, which we used to walk this new and damp dog (she had been swimming in a stream near our house) to my fenced in back yard, where she stayed until an owner could be found.  Happy ending to this one, as Ellie Mae (that's the dog, not my neighbor) is now home safe and sound!
3. I went to the man spa to get a haircut.  It's my quiet time, with a little scalp & face massage thrown in for additional relaxation.  It's the weekend, so you know I need to look all kinds of handsome.

And that, my friends, is how you kick start a weekend.  Another good way is with beer, and tonight I give you the Stiegl Pils, by Stieglbrauerei.  I had this one at a picnic, so I poured it into a plastic cup.  Looked gold with a fluffy head due to my vigorous pour.  There's a slightly sweet aroma, and flavors of grain, apple, and lemon, with a tiny hint of spice.  Really nice and easy, and definitely a good summer picnic beer.

Picnic tested, picnic approved.
This brewery has been in operation since 1492.  As in the same year Columbus summered on the Jersey Shore, people.  Or, another way to think of it - this brewery had been in operation for 250 years when Mozart was born in Salzburg, the same town where you'll find Stieglbrauerei to this day.  A little history lesson for you to think about there.

Thing to Think About Today:
I'm just going to go ahead and assume that Mozart used to drink at this brewery way back when.  Which of course, means there's only one possible thing to think about as we kick off this weekend.  Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, this dose of Falco is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment