Breweries "Visited"

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Cider and Sweden

Beer #288 Rekorderlig / Åbro Bryggeri, Vimmerby, Sweden

It's a somewhat lazy day here, as we're back home and recovering from the weekend.  Went out and did some shopping today, picked up take out for dinner, and now it's time to blog.

I'll dip into a cider for today's selection and go with the Rekorderlig, specifically the strawberry lime cider, which is brewed by Åbro Bryggeri in Sweden.  I'd suggest you get one to try, but you can't, as they don't ship to America.  Ah, behold the power of being an internationally renowned beer blogger - you get things from foreign countries!  This cider pours a bright pink color with a bubbly head.  You get a big strawberry aroma, and the flavor is sweet with fresh strawberry taste.  This was highly carbonated, and if I didn't know any better, I would say I was drinking a strawberry flavored champagne, rather than a cider.  Very interesting, and very glad our dear friend brought one of these home from the U.K. for us!
No, that's not a strawberry soda. 
The brewery has been in business since 1999, and they recommend drinking this cider over ice or with a strawberry as a garnish.  Probably won't be doing either of those, really.

Thing to Think About Today:
This is the second brew from Sweden that I've reviewed, which means I really can't drop another ABBA video in here, regardless of how much I want to.  You know who else was from Sweden and was awesome?  Roxette!  Time to close the weekend by going on a Joyride.....


"Hello, you fool, I love you...."

No comments:

Post a Comment