Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Beer 277: Susquehanna Sixth Generation Stock Ale

I participated in a meeting today that included two neuroscientists and a biochemist. I have never felt so inadequate in my life. That being said I did manage to learn a few things in that two hours - including a fun experiment involving red wine, your tongue and the roof of your mouth.

I also got an invitation today to go see a grape harvest and crushing operation in person. I suppose my job does have some perks! But this blog isn't about wine, it's about beer.
In fact tonight, it's about Pennsylvania beer...the Sixth Generation Stock Ale from Susquehanna Brewing Company.




It is an American pale ale that pours a golden brown hue with a thick white and sticky head. The smell is very light...I expected a hop aroma and got nothing. The flavor is much more hop dominant than the other APAs I've had recently. Very citrusy and floral. There's something vinous in there too. I'm not loving this beer. I'll give it an average. Hopefully I'll find some of their other offerings to try out. This just wasn't the one for me. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment