Breweries "Visited"

Friday, September 28, 2012

Beer 293: Dock Street Collaboration and Cross-Eyed Editing

I am blind from editing things today. Reports, agendas, tables of content, annual reports, donor profiles.  I've also been typing with such fervor that my finger joints ache.  If you find a typo in what I'm about to write, forgive me. I'm currently cross-eyed and exhausted.  It also seems that I forgot that I'm 37 and went to a concert on a school night last night.  What was I thinking???

Will I ever take a photo in public
that doesn't suck?
Les Biere des Amis is a collaborations between Dock Street Brewing Company and Daniel Thiriez.  Thiriez is the owner and brewer at Brasserie Thiriez in France and is renowned for his Saisons and biere de gardes.  Two beer styles that I thorougly enjoy.  Supposedly -- if one were to believe the internetz - this collaboration is the first between a U.S. and French brewery in America. 

This "beer of friends" has an ABV of 4.5%. It pours a slightly hazy golden ale with a minimal white head.  It didn't have a noticable aroma for me.  First sip made me think crisp and refreshing.  Further sampling revealed wheat, good balance of malts and hops with just enough hop to make it interesting, and grass.  I could have also sworn that there was a hint of salinity to it. It almost reminded me of this gose or perhaps this one. Not in style but with that faint taste of salt the lends an interesting twist to a beer. 

This is a good beer.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment