Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Beer 270: Fort Collins Red Banshee

On the drive home today, I encountered an ambulance not quite pulled off the road into a local parking lot. It's lights were whirling their warning. The rear doors were ajar and the stretcher was clearly en route to someone who needed it. And all I could think is that people should know better than to eat at a chain restaurant. The local parking lot was at a Bertucci's. I'm going to hell, aren't I?



Tonight's beer is the Red Banshee red ale from Fort Collins Brewery in Colorado. Somehow in all of my trips to Colorado, I haven't managed to get myself to Fort Collins. Perhaps I'll remedy that situation next year!

The Red Banshee poured a dense red tinged brown ale with a tan head that is leaving nice lacing in the glass. The aroma is toasted malt sweetness with earl grey tea undertones. The flavor is light and surprisingly sweet and the tea is much more noticeable when drinking it versus smelling it. I'm noticing dark bread flavors as well as a nice balance between malts and hops.

I'd say this is a good beer. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment