Breweries "Visited"

Monday, September 17, 2012

Beer 282: Three Things and a Red Shield

Three things to chew on this lovely Monday evening.

1. The Lion Sleeps Tonight is one of the greatest pick-me-up songs ever. I was ready to come home and slip into a coma. The song came on and I may make it to 9:00 p.m.

2. Littering has become a crime to be punished by death in my world. Pick it up, you lazy fuck. And yes, I am yelling at you from my car.

3. The acorn apocalypse has begun. Do not come to my home. You've been warned.

And now for the Red Shield. Worthington's Red Shield is brewed by Museum Brewing Company / White Shield Brewery in Burton-on-Trent, England. It looks like Molson Coors may own it now but the brewery has a history dating back to 1744. I'll allow it.



The Red Shield is labeled as a blonde ale but I thought it had many triple characteristics. It was well balanced between the malts and hops. It was a little bread-like and had lots of caramel flavor. I drank it out of a solo cup so I can't judge the color but it did have a big, thick head. The ABV is too low for a tripel (4.2%) and it didn't have any booziness in the flavor.

I think the Red Shield is a good beer. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment