Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Beer 278: Boxcar Brewing and Everything but the Kitchen Sink

Let me introduce you to the Mango Ginger India Pale Ale from Boxcar Brewing Company.

Boxcar Brewing has been brewing in West Chester, Pennsylvania since 2007 and has just this year begun to distribute. Fortunate for me because I could never manage to get myself to any of the festivals where they would pour. 

I had no idea what to expect from a beer that included both ginger and mango in the title in what was advertised as an IPA.  No one dares to mess with an IPA like that...or would they? 

Let's just say this is my kind of beer.  It poured a hazy oaky brown color with a light tan head.  The flavor is citrus and fruit with a little caramel.  It has a nice ginger flavor happening - light and refreshing.  At 7% ABV, it was dangerously delicious to drink.

The hops were very mellow and I can't wait to get my hands on another one.  This is a very good beer. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment