Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tales from The Other Side

Beer #269 Red Banshee / The Fort Collins Brewery, Fort Collins, CO

I really wish I had more to talk about today, but for some reason my brain is fried.  Wait, I know why - because everyone and their brother returned back to work today, and all of the things which have been on hold came roaring to life with the return of the masses.  I love the fall, but enjoy the relative quiet late summer brings to the office.

We'll unwind with a beer; the Red Banshee from The Fort Collins Brewery.  This red ale has a dark amber color, with a lingering off-white head.  The aroma is very malty, and when you drink it you get flavors of stone fruits, lightly toasted malt, and hints of cocoa - not overly sweet, however.  Good fall beer, even though I imagine summer temperatures will be hanging around for a few more weeks.  Fall can hurry up and arrive, and then post up and stay here for quite some time.

She looks mean.
I've been to Fort Collins twice, but unfortunately both trips happened before I switched into full on beer geek mode.  Hope to get back there again soon to pay these guys and their seven year old brewery a visit.

Thing to Think About Today:
In Irish folklore, a banshee is a spirit in the form of a woman, whose appearance and wailing is taken as a sign someone is going to DIE.  Wow, that's seriously depressing.  To cheer you up, let's call on another member of the spirit world to brighten things up - Ghostface Killah!  To make sure one of my favorite members of the Wu (just kidding, they're all my favorite) is more accessible to the delicate sensibilities of this beer blog audience, I'll go with a mash-up here.  That's right, we close tonight's show with Ghostface and indie music darlings Beirut putting their heads together for Save Me Concubine.


You want a live performance of this?  You got it!  Not sure Beirut and Ghostface will ever be in the same place at the same time, but here's someone covering this mash-up.  Rather interesting version, actually:

No comments:

Post a Comment