Breweries "Visited"

Monday, September 24, 2012

Beer 289: Brew Kettle and Holy Cow!

For whatever reason, typing the number 289 today struck me in a "Wow I've been at this for almost a year now" kind of way. There's just two months left. Holy cow! What am I going to do with myself after beer 365?

For now I'm going to drink this Old 21 imperial India pale ale from The Brew Kettle Production Works in Strongsville, Ohio.


It has an ABV of 9%. It poured with a thin off-white head on a bright, clear amber color ale. It has a very fruity hop aroma with a little grapefruit.

The taste is terrific. It has a very full mouthfeel...very round. It's tart and a little bitter with a light sweetness...maybe even a bit of caramel flavor and finished with a big hop kick at the end. This is a great beer. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment