Breweries "Visited"

Monday, September 10, 2012

Beer 275: Omnipollo Mazarin

I'm not sure what meaning lies behind the name Omnipollo Mazarin, but I'm certain delicious has something to do with it.  "What!?!," you exclaim. Yes, Marci is enjoying another pale ale.  I know, it's like you don't even know me anymore.  See. This is what two weeks on the west coast will do to a person!

I'm at the point where I can recognize
TJ's bar at a hundred paces.
The Mazarin poured a honey color with a slight haze and a thin white head.  It has a nice citrus and woody aroma. The flavor is resinous hops and lightly pine tinged. Between the flavor and the low ABV (5.6%), this is an easy to drink beer. 

From the brewer: "Mazarin is my take on a 'thinker’s beer'. Rather than being big and undecipherably complex I wanted to create something that would calm a hop yearning nerve without fuddling the brain too much. In other words, a lavishly hopped Pale Ale of judicious ABV — an Extra Special Pale Ale if you will."  I think he hit this one out of the ballpark!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment