Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Beer 53: Gouden Carolus Classic or I’m Too Hungry to Think


Lunch today was inhaled in front of my computer.  It consisted of leftover flatbread pizza, which was even better on day 2 but only equated to one normal slice of pizza and a small bowl of leftover broccoli/cauliflower soup.  Seven hours later, and those wiener dogs are starting to look mighty tasty!

***

Tonight we drink a Gouden Carolus Classic.  Another one that came on draught and lacks a photo.  I’ve realized I’m really bad at taking pictures of my draught beer.  Sorry.  But this photo sums up how I feel about dinner right now.
Nomz! Nomz!

I ordered this one because it was billed as unfiltered, tart and complex.  I love tart.  I love beer that makes me think.  Unfiltered is awesome.  I’ll give them accuracy points for two out of three of those descriptors.  It wasn’t tart at all or my taste buds are so screwed up by my love of sour ale, that tart doesn’t register anymore.  The scent and taste were very fluid in my mind.  Everything I smelled, I tasted and everything I tasted came through in the bouquet.  How would I describe it?  Licorice, caramel, Belgian beer sugars, molasses, brown sugar.  It drank with a wonderful heaviness -- viscous and creamy.  Overall I really enjoyed this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment