Breweries "Visited"

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Beer 56: Reinaert Wild Ale or Ball Gowns and Beer

I think one of the reasons I really love my job is the chance to get really dressed up a couple times per year.  Proof: 

OK, so the one on the left was for a Titanic themed event and not anything I'd normally wear.  But check that hat.  You know you're envious.  Especially when you notice me hanging out with Mike Mills in the other pic.  Oh yeah.

Some people are happiest in yoga pants.  Some prefer jeans and a t-shirt.  Me...I want to wear ballgowns ALL THE TIME. (Don't judge.)  I have no idea where the picture to the right came from -- probably one of the Fashion Week Shows -- but I think it's perfect in every way...right down to the shoes, which I'm pretty sure I'd commit a felony to have in my closet.


***

On to the beer.  Tonight we drink Reinaert Wild Ale.  Big shout out to my friend Marisa for supplying this endeavor with some very awesome beers.  This is one of them!  There isn't a good website for this brewery, so I give you the link to what Beer Advocate has to say about it.

It poured a hazy golden straw color.  It smelled of what reminded me of wet wool and something slightly sweet and spicy with that underlying sour scent that inherent to wild ales.  The taste oddly made me think pilsner, which is strange.  There was a nice round flavor (malt maybe?) that had a definite tanginess.  It also hinted at some honey flavor as well.  It didn't finish as dry as I would have predicted but was all around an enjoyable beer.  


As I was trying to track down a website for this brewery, De Proef Brouwerij by the way, I learned it is a small experimental one in Belgium.  Check out the photos on their site...not exactly what you think of when you read small brewery in Belgium.  De Proef is also known for its collaborations, which I will definitely be on the lookout for!


Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment