Breweries "Visited"

Monday, February 6, 2012

Beer 58: Angry Boy Brown Ale or Angry Marci Roof Expensive


Today started with a surprise visit by our roofers.  Oh, I knew I was getting a new roof.  I just didn’t know today was the day!  Imagine my delight as I’m prancing around trying to get ready for work having to deal with three crazed dachshunds and five strange men standing in my backyard.  I’m sure it goes without saying that, of course, I’m still in a TOWEL at the start of this debacle.

Then I come home to this mess.

I suppose when the place looks like this, that chair could not have been meant for the trash pickup!
I’m writing this post at 6:13 p.m. and they are still going strong.  I’ll admit my new roof is beautiful but, as all things beautiful, it comes with a price.  I’m spending enough on this damn house this week to…I don’t even want to think about what I could have done with the money.  Between fixing the hole in the siding, this new roof, ultimately new siding…let’s just say when I find out I need to have all the plywood replaced and it costs $1,500, it’s like it’s not even real money anymore.

This!  (shakes tiny fists of fury) This makes me sad because the Coach wallet I’ve had my eye on for almost a year went on sale today for $65 off.  Guess who isn’t getting a fun new wallet? A plum patent leather wallet?  Patent leather is like crack for me.  DEPRESSIONHURTSDOTCOM!!!

But I digress.  I’m not sure what I expected to happen during the installation of a new roof, but so far this one makes me want to drink.  (I’m going to pretend that I don’t hear a chainsaw…)

Oh, and by the way, the new roof and siding are really going to make the lack of landscaping, falling down retaining wall and driveway look even shittier.  Ramen noodles for dinner.  Momma needs more spending cash!

***

Tonight we drink Angry Boy brown ale.

It comes to us from Baird Brewing Company in Japan!  The tulip glass gets a night off for a change.  It poured cloudy with slightly red highlights in a brown ale (go figure!).  It had a thick tan head that took its time slowly fizzing away.  It smelled of sweetness and raisins.

Why do I keep finding beer that smells / tastes like raisins???  I don’t like raisins!

The taste started sweet and earthy.  Then came the raisins.  (Seriously?  Why does it sound like a horror movie outside?)  It finished with a modest hop bite.  It drank silky smooth.  Overall I would say it’s good beer.

p.s.  It was a very powerful leaf blower…not a chainsaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment