Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Beer 66: Barnwood Blonde Ale or Valentine's Shmalentines

Today is Saint Valentine's Day.  An overly commercialized Hallmark holiday during which both genders are made to feel very poorly about themselves and their relationships or lack thereof both intentionally and unintentionally.  I heard about "shred your ex" parties at local bars, last ditch campaigns to buy forgotten flowers, efforts to extoll the virtues of gold plated fake roses and the merits of edible underwear throughout my morning commute.  /sigh

Why today?  Why not every day?  Why does it have to cost so much money?  Why can't saying "I love you" happen every day without needing a reminder from card shops and florists?  What happened to romance?  The little things? 

I'm incredibly lucky in the romance department.  From having my coffee brought upstairs to me while I get ready for work every morning to a "you look cute today" with a playful pat on the rear...from a sweet peck on the cheek while I do dishes to getting kissed on the exact part of my neck that makes my knees go weak...I know I'm loved and appreciated.  Every day.

But it doesn't end there.  More should be done to celebrate the love among friends.  Sometimes a simple email addressed to M-Dawg does more to brighten someone's day than any number of roses could.  Or it's just a thank you call, or a handmade notecard and rock candy. 

Starting today I'm challenging myself and anyone reading this to spread the love to the other 364 days of the year.  Get going!  There's work to be done!

***

Today I'm drinking Barnwood blonde ale from Crown Valley Brewing in Missouri.  It poured a pale gold with a thin white head.  It had a sweet bouquet and taste...almost honey-like.  Very mild overall with an interesting twist with the sweetness.  I drank the entire pint trying to place what the taste reminded me of.  Maybe wheat?  Gary suggested rice.  It definitely wasn't honey.  Crown Valley describes it as an entry level craft beer and I think that's a fair description.  I could see drinking a few of these on a hot summer day.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment