Breweries "Visited"

Friday, February 3, 2012

Pre-game for Tomorrow

Beer # 55 Harvest Pale / Castle Rock Brewery, Nottingham, England
The weekend.  Game on.  A while back, we had scheduled a daylong at Teresa's Next Door for their "Super Saturday."  Their special beer days aren't to be missed, as they crank the dial up to 11 and bring in some really unique and amazing beers.  Then, work decreed that I would be flying home from Seattle on February 4, and we scratched our plans to attend this special event.

Serendipity.

Go to Teresa's for dinner tonight, and realize we have NOTHING to do tomorrow thanks to my trip being cancelled.  BOOM.  So, the daylong is back on, and it will feature some choice offerings from Founders and Russian River (to name two).  Put it this way: we're taking the train, despite living a mere 2.5 miles away.  It's going to be one of those days.  Not quite on par with their legendary May Sours event, but I'm sure quite fine.

Tonight's beer was something simple, as I didn't want my beer to do battle with the Hobbit Ribs, a spicy wood-fired rib platter.  I opted for an English bitter Castle Rock.  An easy going 3.8% ABV, it was a good combination with my dinner, but not a terribly complex or challenging beer.  Some hop notes and floral aroma, with some mild bitterness and a very clean finish.  The upside of this is you could drink a dozen of these without too much work (not that I tried).  I'm sure I'll have another at some point in the future.

Thing to Think About Today:
Thinking about Soul Train yesterday got me thinking about some shows from the golden age of TV comedy. For those of you playing along at home, the surprise guest at the 1:07 mark of yesterday's video was none other than Fred "Rerun" Berry.  Here's another man who passed away too soon, but deserves to be remembered among the all time greats.  Rerun, take it away.....

If you're nice, one day I'll post some pics from the year Marci and I dressed as Rerun for Halloween.  You know I have the Rerun hustle mastered.

Addendum to yesterday's think to think about:
Possibly the craziest moment ever in the history of Soul Train: the top Japanese pop act of 1980 covering Tighten Up.  Whaaaat?  Strange and awesome and awkward, all at once.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you don't up your game tomorrow and try to fall asleep on a locomotive instead of a car...

    ReplyDelete